Monday, August 18, 2008

School days are here again...for a day

We always take pictures in front of our house and also in front of our mailbox to show height....the ones by the mailbox are sideways and I don't feel like flipping them so you get these instead :P Both kids were super excited this morning and very cooperative to get ready. M was up at 5:30 gasp. I, was not. I didn't get up until 6:30 and M asked why they had to go to school in the middle of the night? Let's just say they were kinda use to sleeping in over summer and didn't exactly wake up with it still dark outside! And yes she had on makeup in this picture but be sure to know that is was wiped off by the time we walked into class.


I think J might have been more nervous today but he did a pretty good job of hiding it. He has a couple of friends and a ROOM packed FULL of kids so there was a lot to keep him busy. NOT happy about this level of overcrowding but they try to justify it but giving them 2 teachers instead of just one.

We took M to class first then took J and on our way out we stopped and peaked into her room. She was sitting on the floor with the class (up front too) and was raising her hand about something the teacher must have asked! I am so proud of her for that! That is pretty big for her!! She did tell me that she would shake her head to answer the teacher but did talk to other kids...I am a bit skeptical about this because she has said this before I think just to appease me (yeah, she's only 4) and never really talked to the kids. I am trying to be very positive without making an overly big deal out of it.

Needless to say the kids were very tired today but overall were still very excited about all the events. And I'm old now....I have a kid in first grade! When did that happen?? AND NO SCHOOL tomorrow already....tropical storm/hurricane is heading our way and they use the schools as shelters for evacuation. We did a bit of preparation today and I will say that you will never again find me inside a walmart the day before a hurricane. chaos. a million people. never again.

No comments: