Saturday, August 16, 2008

End of summer


Madeline is starting kindergarten....in a big school. I am so worried about her. For those who don't know, she doesn't speak to others, she went her whole year of preschool with no one, not even her teacher hearing her beautiful voice. I talked to her teacher the other night at open house and told her a little of what to expect and I am still waiting to hear back from the school psychologist (guess I need to call her again) She seems to be excited about going but she also hides a lot of her feelings and only shows them when they explode out of her after bubbling over (she is her mother's daughter). I am praying that she is okay. I will do everything I can to help her overcome this and help her to have a friend and help her to have a normal experience (wait....what is normal??)
Johnny on the other hand is excited but in true 6 year old fashion doesn't like school because they give him homework. Gasp, how could they?!! His best friend from last year will be in his class again so they are both thrilled (me,too....he is a good kid and J is still a bit shy about making new friends)
Ava wants to go to school so bad it hurts! When we would drop off M. last year at preschool A. would cry because she wanted to go too....is this child mine? BUT she is home with me for one more year before she can start. She is already so bright now so she will be super smart when the time comes ;P
And Ian, ahhh, he is mine for awhile! I have started to look into taking classes again to get a nursing degree. I have my degree is business management already but who am I kidding, I'll never have a job in that field, it's not my passion or dream or desire. I started out in school going for nursing but then didn't have the drive back then as a 19 year old to do all the was required to get into nursing school. Now I know what I want and where I want to be in 10 years from now and can make that dream come true. I don't want to hop in just yet though....the other 3 kids had my devotion while they were little, I don't want to take that away from my little monkey either.
On a side note I found a place that will publish your blog in a book form!!! I knew it would be cool to do but didn't know someone was actually doing it for such a reasonable price
Make your own book with Blurb....so the question is when to publish? I was thinking maybe when Ian turned one and then start a new blog and then have this one as a memoir for the kids to keep.
So school starts in 2 days and ugh that means waking up at 6:30 again! I do not do mornings gracefully. But then we don't pick up the kids until 2:30 so it will be great for the 2 babies to get uninterrupted naps for a change! Pictures of their first day or school coming soon!

2 comments:

Tyggereye said...

Logan starts kindergarten on Monday too! He's so excited. I'm sure he has no idea of the homework aspect. lol

Thats great about the nursing degree. You'd be a terrific nurse.

angela said...

Ahhh thanks Gina! Good luck to Logan....my kids did great!