Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

What a beautiful day and what a wonderful thing to be able to celebrate! I am so blessed to not only have 4 children, but 4 healthy, breathing, living, growing children. I am so humbled by what surrounds me and daily, I mean daily and several times a day remember and thank God for what He has given me. I am so undeserving yet so grateful that He chose ME to have these children, chose me to feel them, watch them, smell them, hold them, and have them love ME. I read about the plight of other moms who have lost children or babies or babies still forming and it breaks my heart. We have lost one baby but we never knew him, never felt him move, never got to see him develop. It was too early and he was gone. BUT that baby that was not to be had a purpose...he brought me and John together and closer than we would have grown on our own. That baby made us want another and thus Johnny was conceived in the very next month...and I could not image existence without my Johnny. The boy who changed my life forever,the boy who gave me the coveted title of "mother", the boy who got the love of my life to marry me and love me more than ever before possible. The boy that made me and John both want to be better people, the boy who made me never see the world through the same eyes again. I am honored to be able to celebrate ths day and I raise my glass to all other mothers and mothers to be and mothers who were. What a special day just for you.

No comments: